Illinois BASSET Certification
The Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training (BASSET) program is the state of Illinois’ seller/server training program. The program is an educational and training tool to sellers/servers of alcoholic beverages to serve responsibly and stay within the law. The BASSET Certification Program serves as a preventive measure to discourage over consumption and keep drunk drivers off the roads.
NHT LLC makes obtaining your Illinois Basset Certification and license simple and hassle free. Mandatory Certification in Cook County by July 1st, 2015 to be able to work! All servers of alcohol and bouncers who check ID must have their BASSET certification by July 1st, 2015 in order to work in Cook County which includes the City of Chicago. All new hires after July 1st. must have this certification within 120 days of being hired.
The goals and objectives of the BASSET Program are:
- Train and educate sellers and servers to engage in responsible alcohol service;
- Spot signs of intoxication and utilize various intervention techniques;
- Prevent DUIs and alcohol-related fatalities;
- Stop underage sales and underage drinking;
- Create safer communities and establishments where alcohol is served;
- Educate owners, managers and staff on dram shop insurance, state laws, and local ordinances regarding alcohol service.
BASSET certification/expiration is based on the local municipality where you are doing business and/or the training company you utilized for training. Participants will be issued a certificate from the licensed BASSET provider. BASSET providers submit a roster to the ILCC of participants who have taken their class and passed the examination. The Commission will then issue BASSET cards to those participants who successfully completed the course (replacement cards cost $15). These cards must be carried by the person whose name appears on the card if involved in the selling and/or serving of alcoholic liquor when a local ordinance mandates BASSET training.
To get certified: http://www.bassetcertification.org/